We know it’s hard when the power goes out. We work hard to make sure that doesn’t happen, but when it does you can report your outage and stay up-to-date on service restoration with the tools below.
联系 UEC any time day or night to report an outage by using our toll-free number or SmartHub app. A representative will ask questions about your location and situation and dispatch the necessary staff to fix the problem.
- “栅格板”号码. Each pole has a grid plate with numbers and letters describing its exact location. The grid plate numbers help line crews to quickly find the precise location of the problem.
- 服务描述. For those with multiple meters located in remote locations. To update your service descriptions email us at: Member.服务@ehtsimoneortega.com.
UEC’s outage map shows current outage information.
- Never use open combustion units (gas or charcoal barbecues, hibachis) inside the home.
- If traffic lights go out, treat all intersections as 4-way stops. 这是法律规定的安全要求.
- Stay away from downed power lines and sagging trees with broken limbs.
Turn off lights and electrical appliances except for the refrigerator and freezer. Even if it is dark, turn light switches and buttons on lamps and appliances to the “off” position.
After you turn the lights off, turn one lamp on so you will know when power is restored. Wait at least 15 minutes after power is restored before turning on other appliances.
- Don’t touch or get near any fallen lines.
- Stay away from objects or puddles in contact with downed power lines.
No. Thermostats, furnace fans, and blowers all run on electricity.
- Wear extra layers of clothes and use several layers of blankets.
- Do not get wet if there is no way to get dry.
- Drink and eat enough to preserve health.
- Close off all rooms that are not in use and do not need to be heated.
- To keep rooms warm, close curtains, shades, or drapes. 盖好门窗.
- Do not burn anything inside your home without adequate ventilation to the outdoors.
- Have enough fuel available for alternate heat sources, such as wood for a wood stove.
- Never use gas ovens, gas ranges, barbecues, and most portable or propane heaters for indoor heating. These units use oxygen and create carbon monoxide that can cause suffocation.
- Before using an alternate heat source, read the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have firefighting materials: dry powder, 灭火器, 厚篷布或毯子, 有水可用.
Use generators only as independent power sources. Keep them outside and run a cord inside. Don’t connect generators to main service panels. This could injure or kill utility workers trying to restore power.
- 冷藏冷食. 使用干冰或冰柜. 冬天，把食物储存在室外.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed to conserve cold air.
- If food is cold to touch, it is probably safe to keep, use, or refreeze.
- Discard meat, seafood, dairy products, and cooked food that are not cold to touch.
- Fruits, vegetables, and food in undamaged cans are safe.
- Food that needs no refrigeration: jelly, butter, margarine, ketchup, mustard, pickles, relish.
- For information on food safety, call your health department or cooperative extension service.
If the water from your tap is clear:
- 煮3分钟. This kills disease-causing bacteria and parasites.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon household bleach per gallon of water. 静置半小时.
- Pour it through a coffee filter and boil it for 3 minutes.
- If you cant boil it, filter it and add 1/4 teaspoon of bleach per gallon. 静置1小时.
用手开门. Read the owner’s manual or call the manufacturer.
是的. Talk to your doctor about an emergency supply of prescription medicine. Keep a 30 day supply in your emergency kit. Be aware of the expiration date on the medication and rotate a fresh supply into the kit on a regular basis. If you are on life support, please fill out UEC’s 生命维持通知书表格, and have a backup power supply on hand.
- Flashlights, extra batteries, and matches. Keep them where you can find them in the dark.
- Canned or dried non-perishable foods, and a manual can opener.
- A safe alternate source of heat and extra fuel (wood, kerosene).
- One gallon of bottled drinking water per person per day.
- A gallon of liquid chlorine bleach for sanitizing utensils and dishes.